October 16, 2011
We don’t forecast the weather from this blog, but it sure looks like more rain this week. Little if any flood risk troubles us where my big old house is still standing.
The owner of Griffith Marketing is now a member of the Caldwell (Idaho) Chamber of Commerce. That must be progress. I have a new publishing division for books I will accept at any stage of production and for about half of them my services will be free. That’s at Forthright Publishing.com. My idea is to offer links to the author, to congratulate good work, to answer technical questions about publishing, and to keep up on what’s going on with books these days.
I’m also trying to get the hang of how to produce an e-book. I’ll probably work with the Amazon crowd but haven’t take the time to catch on how to do it.
June 15, 2010
Griffith Publishing was established in 1988 to help authors enjoy a higher degree of satisfaction with the work they do.
We can put your entire book together or provide needed assistance for just one or more elements. Today our services cover a wide range of the special needs of authors and writers. We can help you as a writer with any or all of the following—
Your book’s appearance
- Book title. How do you catch the attention of prospective readers and stay true to the topic of your book? Catchy book titles don’t come easy.
- Front cover. Do you want something more than a template that looks good but doesn’t match the content of your book?
- Book cover. The rest of the cover, after the front cover has been designed, should include great info about what your book does. Testimonials by people who know your area of expertise, quotes from great thinkers, or short excerpts from your book are examples of back-cover content that will help you sell your book.
- Foreword. Does your book need an authoritative statement by a well-known expert in the topic of your book? We’ll help you recruit talent and shape this piece of your book if you need one.
- Chapter title. You already have titles for all your chapters. Would you like someone to review them and perhaps suggest snappier titles? Or make them shorter? Or fit them more closely to the style of all the chapters?
The content of your book
- Editing. Do you need someone to go through your book page by page to make sure that spelling, grammar, and punctuation glitches are removed and that the text moves smoothly throughout the book? That’s our specialty!
- Developmental editing. Does your book need heavy editing, with rewriting of some paragraphs or even chapters? This type of editing is called developmental editing, and it’s something we like to do for our authors.
- Ethical ghostwriting. You need to have a burden for your book and plenty of information, but we can put the words together that will make your book represent your thoughts, your observations, your style.
- Page design. For children’s books, textbooks, or technical and how-to books, you probably need someone to put your book together carefully. We can handle flow charts, tables, original art, chemical formulas and math equations. We can even provide original art in color for your children’s book. All these can be carefully designed to add interest and readability to your book.
- Content development. Family stories and memories make great material for a book to present at Christmas to family and friends. Tell stories and keep your family intrigued for years.
- Binding. Choose any form of binding you wish, from two staples to Smythe sewn hard cover binding. In between are spiral-bound books, paperback, and hard cover binding. We know the printing industry and use companies with the best prices and the highest quality.
- Paper. Most of our books are printed on 60 pound text paper. You want a book that’s a little thinner? Go for 50 pound or even 40 pound. Want to display artwork or technical drawings on large sheets? We’ll find the paper you need and follow through for you.
- Printing. Whether you want 100 copies or 100,000, we will match your book with the best book printing service we can find.
- POD. We offer a full range of print-on-demand (POD) services for your book.
- Replication. If you have a book you’d like to reprint but don’t have the printing files, we can scan the book and produce as many copies as you wish, including the cover, at surprisingly low rates.
- Drop shipping. We can deliver your books one at a time or in bulk directly from the book printer to your customer or trade outlet.
- Shipping to you. We offer the least expensive way to carry your books from the printer to your business site and give you tips to avoid overcharges for special serices.
- Warehousing. We can store up to 1,000 copies of your book and ship them according to your instructions.
- Tips. We’ll give you dozens of tips for marketing your book.
- Marketing plan. With your support, we’ll prepare a full-scale marketing plan for a book you’ve developed for monetary gain.
- Marketing materials. We will fulfill your marketing requests for postcards, brochures, or other ways to let people know about your book.
- Pricing. We’ll help you set pricing for your book.
- Budget. We can work with you to establish a budget for the costs of selling your book.
- Promotion. We can advise on the most useful ways to promote your book for maximum visibility and sales.
If you need a specific service relating to the writing and production of books, call us at 800 359-9503 and we’ll work something out for you.
Brought to you by–
March 9, 2010
The Phil & Morris book is slowly making progress. It’s much smoother than it was, but I need to inject more humor and more information into it. And double its current size. One thing at a time!
I’ve decided to offer our book publishing services to the top businesses in Idaho! Crazy idea, but who knows? My take is that every business is a publisher. Let Griffith Publishing help you with your publishing needs.
—contributed by Griffith Publishing
November 5, 2009
Finally, full-color books in quantities from 50 to 2,000 are available from Griffith Publishing and other book designers. We’ve always been able to provide full-color books for our authors, but it involved sending artwork and proofs back and forth across thousands of miles of ocean. Beautiful books, and for coffee table presentation books, still the best route to go. But not everybody has $12,000 or more to produce a small book.
Now we can actually print 100 to 500 full-color books 6×9 inches with 48 to 60 pages for under $4 each right here in the USA. There’s more involved than the printing, of course, and for that you’d better hire an expert–someone who will work one-on-one with you to give you a thorough edit job, not just a spell check, and a design on the cover and throughout the book that will zero in on what your book offers and set it apart from all others in its class.
This is a big step for people who have loved the hard-cover photo books offered by ShutterFly. We can’t match the look of those books, but since they cost about $29 per book or more, we think there are quite a few people who would rather give up some of the glamor and style of a ShutterFly book for 100 or so well-produced full-color books.
If you’re curious about how this works and are watching the holidays creep closer every hour and wondering what’s in store, call us at 1 800 359-9503. Or send us email at firstname.lastname@example.org.